Molasses Cranberry Cookies
Christmas season is in full swing! Normally, I’m not that into holidays. But I’m not sure what’s wrong with me this year, all I want is a living room with a Christmas tree. If you remember back when I told you about where Foodologie happens, you’ll remember that I live in a studio that is teeny-tiny. That means I have zero room for a Christmas tree. So because I can’t be festive in my living space, I have to find other ways to make the most of the holiday season.
First, I bought a Christmas dress. A new dress for Christmas is a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. Anyone else do that?
I’m thoroughly excited about it. I also bought myself another dress, because… well…
Christmas present to myself? (P.S. When will I get over sending my friends pics of outfits I’m thinking of buying?)
In addition to my Christmas dress, I’ve also been thoroughly excited about cookies. So cookie making has been happening, starting with these:
I don’t know about you, but I love chewy molasses cookies with lots of ginger. They’re pretty much the best, as are these cookies.
Molasses Cranberry Cookies
adapted from Blue Ribbon Cookies
1 stick of butter + 2 tbsp (10 tbsp total)1 cup sugar (plus extra for rolling)
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp mace
1 cup dried cranberries
Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in molasses and egg until fluffy. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Just before ingredients are combine, fold in cranberries.
Chill dough for a few hours.
Once you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350F.
Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool and serve! Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
I took these to work, shared with friends and a boyfriend. They were gone pretty quickly. I’ll definitely be including these in my Christmas Cookie Gift Tins. I have a few other awesome cookie recipes coming up, because seriously… I’m obsessed with cookies right now.
What about you? How are you preparing for Christmas? Do you have a Christmas dress yet?
Looking for something in particular? Search here!
- Pit stop because I was in the neighborhood. There's a line just to get in. #worthit instagram.com/p/uWOxaRERXL/ 2 days ago
- RT @socaliallie: Lucky number 12 miles with @foodologiekarla! #runchat #onemorelongruntogo #wemakethislookgood instagram.com/p/uTKvEtgkgO/ 3 days ago
- The final painting and vino product instagram.com/p/uR_mTMkRTr/ 4 days ago
- Painting and vino with @socaliallie #frienddate #wedontonlywearworkoutclothes instagram.com/p/uRt4A9kRdY/ 4 days ago
- Cookies from @innatsshoes and @uc_foodie. You all want to be friends w them. #C2CCS instagram.com/p/uRl2GBkRRZ/ 4 days ago