The year is almost over! So now it’s time to look ahead to the beginning of 2010.
I don’t really like the word resolution (I feel like I’m setting myself up for failure, which is probably not true but just to be safe…), so I’m going to call them goals. Here are my goals for 2010:
- Try new veggie filled recipes! I’ll try to do a recipe challenge each month.
- Take a moment each day to de-stress. This can mean a number of things: exercise, talk on the phone, read something fun. Basically do anything except eat, since as we know I’m a stress eater.
- Stop talking about my body/weight, it’s not helping, only hurting. I need to accept me for me. If I don’t like something I need to work to change it but not complain about it. I want to concentrate on being healthy.
- Don’t skip weight training, cardio isn’t the only thing that matters!
- Eat intuitively and cut down on the sweets. I have a huge sweet tooth, but I should be able to keep it under wraps!
- Keep up my early morning routines. Wake up before 7:00am on weekdays and before 8:00am on weekends to make the most of my day!
- Dress nicely every day, when you look good you feel good! Ideally my clothing would come pretty much entirely from Anthropologie and Banana Republic. However, I’m poor so I’ll made due with what I have.
- Keep doing well in school. It’s still my #1 priority right now.
- Spend Consciously: I tend to overspend on things I don’t really need (i.e. Starbucks and random Target trips). Make sure I need something before I buy it.
- Get a good internship!
- Keep learning about food security issues in and outside of school.
- Keep in touch with friends. Just because I live in the middle of nowhere doesn’t mean I have to be isolated from my friends!
- Keep Blogging! Blogging has really made my life more fun so I want to keep it up!
I think all of these are realistic and do-able. They’ll take some work but I can get it done this year!
What are your goals for the coming year?