Today was a good day! For a few reason:
1. I went to the gym and ran (along with a 30 minute elliptical date with Oprah’s O Magazine)! After 2 weeks off from running to let my knees rest from excruciating pain, I ran 1 mile today! Pain free! I’m starting slow again to prevent any other form of injury!
2. We had SUNSHINE!!!! It was amazing!! I hadn’t seen the sun in weeks! (No joke!) I walked to class with a smile on my face! Great start to the day!
3. Finished all my reading for this week and tomorrow I’m getting ahead and starting on next week’s! Woo! This work day plan is working well so far!
4. Delicious lunch! Left over eggplant parmesan under the broccoli, along with fruit and veggies. Not photographed is a homemade granola bar!
5. Grocery Store: Green Star Coop and Wegman’s! Bought the usual spinach, carrots, etc. But also picked up a few new goodies to try:
Coconut oil! I’ve heard about all the health benefits and today I broke down and bought some! I can’t wait to try it! I hope it helps clear up my dry skin on my face!!
Wheat Berries, Barley and more Chia seeds!
New Almond Butter that was on sale! I can’t wait to try this brand! I hope it’s good! I’m pretty particular about my almond butter!
6. Recipe for tomorrow is in the works! Here’s a sneak peek!
Black eyed peas soakin’ over night…
Now I’m off to finish up a movie and hit the hay! I hope tomorrow has sunshine too!! Have a great night!!
Lastly, don’t forget to go over to Mara‘s blog and vote for my penguin olives for the Cute Food Saturday Cuteiversary contest!!
11 thoughts on “SUNSHINE”
Wow no sunshine in weeks?! What?! I can’t even fathom the idea! How do you eat coconut oil? And I voted for your olives 🙂 Enjoy the sunshine! Or come to California, sunshine 24/7
You go girl—-great job on the run!!
I didn’t know Blue Diamond had almond butter, I love their stuff so will jave to check out.
the peas are looking at me funny….
Oh Karla! i had so much fun just catching up on all your posts, since I was gone. I am glad you had a good visit with the fella. Clearly, you guys enjoyed some good eats 🙂 Are you kidding me with those cookies and cupcakes! Man, They look out of hand good!! I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to trying your baked eggplant parmesan! I adore Sun butter, so I can’t wait to try Naturally Nutty, do you like it? Can’t wait to see what you are making tomorrow. Have a good night 🙂
We’re having 65 degree sunny weather today, I can’t wait!!!!
This may be a rude question, but how much did you pay for your coconut oil? I saw jars the other day but they were all nearly $15!!! I won’t pay that 😦 But I really want coconut oil!
Not rude at all! I got this 14 oz jar for $7.49! I was shocked when I saw it because I had seen jars for about $15 bucks too. $7.50 is definitely manageable in my opinion! I think this stuff will last a long time.
You know, I’ve never had black eyed peas before? I have a can of Eden organic ones that I really need to try. I think I also have a bag of dry ones that I impulsively bought. What do they taste like?
It was sunny here today too and I loved it! Good job on getting all your readings done!! I have to do mine all this weekend 😦 I need to start studying at the library!!!
I’m glad you got to enjoy a day of sunshine, too. And that I’m not the only one who just gets so giddy with the change in weather! Can’t wait to see the beans recipe you’ve got in store 🙂
I’m glad your run was pain-free 😀
The sun is peaking out over here too- I’m excited!
p.s. that almond butter is SO good
I am excited to see what you do with the black eyed peas. We have some that we haven’t used and I would love some new recipe ideas!
YAY for the pain free run!!! 😀 😀 😀