Carb-a-licious!

Hi everyone!  Happy Saturday!

I woke up this morning still full from last night!  That African food was dense!  After a Green Monster and some internet perusing, I headed to the gym where I ended up doing 4 miles on the treadmill.  My knees felt fine, probably because I did a run/walk combo (run 2 mins/walk 1 min).

I came home to try something new:

Barley!

I’ve realized that complex carbs keep me full for longer.  The past two days I’ve come home ravenous after a basically complex carb free lunch!  So I’m going to try to incorporate whole grains and other complex carbohydrates into my lunches to see if that helps keep me from wanting to gnaw my arms off around 4:30pm.

I made a delicious stir fry with a bit of coconut oil, garlic, zucchini, bok choy, scallions and Kikkoman Ponzu. On top of that, I added a chopped up Spicy Chik’n Patty and helping of barley!

Delicious!  Very filling!  Finished off the meal with two cuties and huge cup of green tea!

I basically did nothing today… I went to TJ Maxx to return the fantastic red heels that didn’t fit 😦 and to Target to pick up some cleaning essentials.

Later in the evening, I decided I wanted a labor intensive dinner, because reading wasn’t looking that good…

Pizza!  Using this dough recipe from Eating Well.

Toppings includes: sauce, a layer of finely chopped spinach, fresh mozzarella, chopped artichoke hearts, and grated romano cheese.

Artichokes make everything delicious!  What are your favorite homemade pizza toppings?

I also ventured and made Chocolate Chia Pudding

Sad to say this is the first bloggie recipe that I did not like.  I threw it away 😦  Oh well!  Can’t love them all!

Since today was full of slacking, tomorrow is a study day.  Dreading it already.  The Oscars are on tomorrow!  I can’t wait to see the dresses on the Red Carpet!

Have a fantastic night!!

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Carb-a-licious!

1. Danielle says:

I don’t think I’ve ever tried barley! (That probably won’t be for long, seeing as I like to try anything and everything)
    Sorry about the chia pudding 😕 I tried a chia pudding once (a while ago) and didn’t like it either. I think it’s something about the gelled texture that freaks me out

2. kilax says:

I love to mix barley in with my oatmeal. It’s so chewy!

I like tomatoes, zucchini, LOTS OF ONION, spinach, and TVP on my pizza! And crushed red pepper. (Here’s a picture, lol)

3. sweetandsweat says:

What does barley taste like? And I’m definitely saving your pictures of your pizza to make for my lunch birthday. I’ve been craving pizza for so long. Yours looks so good! Sorry your chia pudding didn’t go well 😦 It looked good though! Looks like pudding. 🙂

4. simplyshaka says:

You’re the third person who I have heard about trying African food this wknd, random!

Umm, can you deliver your pizza to my house? Thanks 🙂

I love putting spinach, peppers, shrooms and artichokes on mine. The more veggies the better!

5. todayslady says:

Ummm I’ll have the same exact pizza that you had! It looks so good, especially with the fresh mozzarella! I might add some carmelized onions just because they taste so good 🙂

6. Karin says:

I love barley too and should make it more often.
    Your pizza looks so good!! I like spinach, pepper, mushrooms, pesto sauce, mozzarella and.. well basically every possible veggie on my pizza.

7. balancejoyanddelicias says:

same here.. the chia pudding just smells disgusting for me. But that pizza looks good! 😉 favorite toppings: eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower! 🙂