These may be the best things I’ve ever made, solely based on the icing. I messed it up a little and used too much sweetened condensed milk and not enough chocolate so it ended up a bit saucy. Which meant it was perfect for drizzling on popcorn…
My roommate enjoyed!
Along with splitting one with me. Need to make sure they’re safe to eat after all.
This morning after a rockin’ workout, I dug through the fridge looking for breakfast. I wasn’t in the mood for oatmeal (gasp) since it was 71 degrees this morning! Instead, I found some quinoa that needed to be consumed and decided to experiment:
Greek Yogurt + Banana + Quinoa + Ground Flax + Cinnamon = Delicious!
It was particularly amazing with sips of coffee, which leads me to believe it would be delicious to try this but cooking the quinoa in coffee to give it that flavor. I’ll give that a try at some point and let you know how it goes.
Then I went to class and got my study on. Remember my to do list from yesterday? Here’s my progress:
- Finish Reading Good Governance in the Tropics (self imposed deadline: today… hmm might not happen, 90 50 pgs left)
- Reading for Urban Transformations in the Global South (need to be done tonight, 3 of 5 readings done so far… Africa makes me sad…)
- Reading response for above mentioned readings (by tonight at midnight)
- Readings for Urban Spatial Theory (err… might not get to these)
- Term Paper on Good Governance book mentioned above (due Tuesday Thursday, no idea what to write about… good governance?)
- Econ problem set due Thursday (luckily almost done)
- Methods problem set (basically kicking my butt, spent 4 hours on it Sunday only to do 1.5 questions out of 5… meeting with study group tonight, due Monday)
4 out of 7 things done! Woo! Also my paper has been extended and is now due Thursday! Super excited! I’m actually surprised at how much lower my stress level is now as compared to a month ago. I guess the changes I’ve made in life have been really helpful! How are you all holding up with stress?
Back to food…
I came home after class and was pretty much starving. While this morning I had planned to make a peanut stew (a la stew in a jar), all I really wanted was a HUGE salad. So I started with a layer of spinach and romaine mixed together, added some sliced cucumber, one piece of artichoke heart and some wheatberries and topped it with some dressing.
Then, the exciting part…
I added a poached egg, because let’s be realistic, everything tastes better with a good runny yolk.
My meal ended with another amazing combo: toast + cottage cheese + jam + flax
Now I’m ready to read more, catch up on blogland (don’t think I’ve looked at the internet today!) and watch the episode of Lost that I missed last night! Hope you all have a fab night!
P.S. I was sent this NY Times Article about people who take pictures of food by at least 3 people today… I thought it was cute that some friends thought of me when they saw food photography. Anyone else see this article and smile?