Chronicles of the Busiest Weekend Ever

This weekend I averaged about 4 hours of sleep, with the exception of Sunday night where I slept like a goddess for 11-12 hours.    You see, this was my EPIC weekend.  Let me tell you about it.

It all started on Thursday night.  Jesse and I drove to LA for a concert at the House of Blues on Sunset.  In case you’re wondering, we saw Bajofondo, here’s one of their songs:

That got us home at about 1:00AM, at which point I was dying (because I had been up since 5:30am).  After getting home at 1:00am ish, I was up at 5:00am to take my sister to the airport.  I skipped crossfit and came home and napped for another half hour, then headed to work.

After work I braved traffic and made it to Downtown Disney to pick up my race number for the Disney 10k the next morning.  This is where it starts to get good.

I picked up my number, met up with a friend, had dinner and went to sleep around 9:30.  All was well in the world.

The next morning we were up at 4:30am for the race!

Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 6.55.07 PM

Oh hey look it’s me running and looking like a hot mess.  Why yes that’s the previous night’s make up.  How could you tell? Cute, I know.

Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 6.59.57 PM

Oh hey there I am checking the time…

Overall, it was super fun! Disney races aren’t really the type of races you do for speed.  They’re more fun.  And luckily I had some awesome running buddies with me!

photo-1 photo-2

While we all didn’t run together the whole time, it was fun to know that someone else was doing it with you.

After the race, I rushed home and took a shower and headed to LA to photograph a wedding.

You heard that right: photograph a wedding.  Remember way back when I wanted to try out something new?  Well it’s photographing people, not just food.

Let me tell you… photographing a wedding is hard.  It looks easy, but it’s stressful and long.  And for God’s sake, when you get married, walk slowly down the aisle!

So after a long day of photographing (I’ll show you some pics once I get them edited), I got home around 12:30pm (luckily this wedding didn’t run too late).  I crashed into my bed, only to wake up at 7:00am for work the next morning.

I told you I got a second job to pay for crossfit and my camera, right?  Well, that involves me waking up early on the weekends.  It’s all good.

I left work at 3:00 ish and was pretty much starving.  I should also mention that this is probably the weekend I ate the least I’ve eaten in a long time, just on a count of being busy.

So I got myself to Baja Fish Taco (seriously I love this place. If you’re in OC, try it), got a Baja Bowl with grilled fish and headed to my sister’s house (where I was house-sitting) to sit in AC and be a sloth with her cat who doesn’t bother to come near me.  I ate, watched Julie and Julia (which by the way I’m still not a fan of, but I was too tired to ever search through the channels) and took a nap.

Later, Jesse came over as I was mid way through A Walk to Remember.  It was really a day of gems for me (I had completely forgotten how bad that movie is).  I fell asleep at about 9pm and didn’t open my eyes until about 8:30 or 9 the next morning.  It was fantastic.

Thank goodness for Labor Day.  I’m not sure how I would have made it without this holiday.

Labor Day was spent doing some much needed cleaning, watching Catfish (I’m obsessed), grilling burgers and drinking beer.  Jesse and I also saw Elysium, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

And now, after a day of crossfit at 6:00am and work.  I just enjoyed an egg sandwich on leftover hamburger buns and a few dates with peanut butter.


I’m excited for this week.  I have a potentially awesome treat planned to share with you later this week, and hopefully the cooking/baking can get back into full swing.

How was your Labor Day weekend??  Tell me what exciting things you did!



3 thoughts on “Chronicles of the Busiest Weekend Ever

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s