This morning I woke up and felt fat. So I went through every fad diet in my mind and for about 5 minutes resolved to be a vegan, paleo, juice cleanser who Crossfits and runs marathons in 2014.
Then I walked back into reality and decided that’s just dumb.
Every so often I feel the need to make drastic changes in my diet and time and time again it all reverts back to the same thing: don’t eat so much and move yourself. The beginning of the year is the perfect time to pine over diets and dream about the possibilities of being skinny if we just cut out a few major food groups.
Everyone is in diet mode and we all decide we’re going to never eat another cookie again our lives. Then we go on Pinterest, see this photo
and get hungry and eat 15 cookies. So let’s just skip that part and just try to be healthy.
That’s my resolution (slightly rephrased): eat when hungry, stop when full, move yourself.
But resolutions aside, I do have some goals for this New Year. In 2014, I’d like to:
- Be able to do at least 1 unassisted pull-up and 10 unbroken double unders.
- Read at least 14 books. Currently reading: Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris. Enjoyable. Up next will probably be: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. After that… who knows. But I took a step in the right direction and made a Good Reads account.
- Make cheese (something I said I would do last year but did only once).
- And bread! All sorts of bread would be fun!
Like I used to! Challah! (lame pun intended)
- Go on vacation again. Now is the time to travel. Peru and China were awesome the past two years. I’d love to go to Thailand, Costa Rica, or Jamaica. But I guess I’d compromise on this goal and save money instead. We’ll see…
What are your goals for 2014?