January is the time of resolutions. To be perfectly honest with you, I’m over resolutions, or even resolutions masqueraded as “goals.”
I’m especially tired of all the weight loss/fitness goals I keep seeing (and considering in my head). I’ve reached a point in my life where I’m over it. I’m healthy. I exercise. For the most part, I eat well. I’ll never be skinny and that’s cool. It’s just not my body type. I need to stop striving for perfection and just be happy.
I’ve decided that 2015 should be the year of happy. And you know what makes me happy? Aside from baby animals… this:
In the spirit of happy when it comes to my blog, I created a list of things I’m dying to make… a bucket list, if you will.
You know, things I want to make just for the sake of making them, just because it’s fun (in no particular order)…
1. Bitters. Yeah I want to make my own, then make fancy ass cocktails. Maybe I’ll make a Grapefruit Manhattan. Wouldn’t that be all sorts of amazing?
2. Croissants. Butter. All the butter. I’ve made them before, but this time I want them to be even more awesome.
3. Brioche. More butter. And some milk. Amazing silky bread. I can’t find amazing brioche anywhere around Orange County, so I’m taking matters into my own hands and making my own!
4. Cheese. I want to make cheese. I don’t have a reason. I just want to be a master cheese maker. Let’s make it happen!
5. Pho. A big, big pot of it.
6. Pavlova. My friend’s mom makes the best pavlova on Earth. I want to try making it. Probably with blueberries and lemon curd.
7. Eggs Benedict. I want to see how all the fattiness happens, and let’s be honest, I’ll probably do some hipster version that involves arugula, but I’m cool with that.
8. Monkey Bread (
random, right?). I told Jesse about Monkey Bread and he thought it sounded awesome. I’ve actually never eaten it, so let’s give it a try! DONE (Check it out here!)
9. BBQ Ribs. I mean, meat…
10. Jam (preferably fig jam). I’m not sure I want to get into canning, but jam making, all about it.
11. Gnocchi. I’m not a big fan of pasta, but I love gnocchi. I’m adding it to the list.
12. ??? What else should I make? Suggestions are welcome!
What are you dying to make? (aside from the above Breakfast Sliders, because I know you’re dying to make those)
And more importantly… when are you coming over so we can make it together?