Happy July 1st and Happy Canada Day to all my readers in Canada (Thanks for the reminder, Krista!)
July is also my birthday month. You know me. Normally the most important part of any birthday is cake
Oh and pie. Pie is very important.
And I definitely don’t want to forget those two things. But for my birthday month, I want to concentrate less on cake and pie and more on health.
I’ve decided this year to give myself the gift of wellness (and a new computer), because those are things no one else is going to do for me. That’s not to say that health and wellness shouldn’t be a priority all the time. They are, but recently I’ve caught myself slipping. What better way to celebrate my birthday than to jumpstart my health.
My birthday is July 30th, but this is not a 30 day challenge (we all know I don’t do well with those). But I have a few goals for next month (that hopefully will go beyond 30 days):
1. Aim to exercise 5-7 days a week. This is not an outrageous goal, but recently I found myself only working out 2-3 days a week. Better than nothing but not ideal.
2. Make sure sweets are a treat, not a way to fill me up. Won’t a big piece of birthday pie taste amazing if I didn’t have a big fat piece the day before? Absolutely. I’m going to aim for 1 sweet treat per week (as opposed to my current 1 sweet treat per day).
3. Exfoliate 3-4 times per week. I know this is totally a weird thing to strive for, but I forget to exfoliate all the time. It’s good for your skin. I should do it more often.
4. Hot Water with lemon. At least 1 cup per day. Cleansing and tasty!
5. Think nice things about myself. I’m my own worst critic. This month, I’m going to stop myself from criticizing parts of my body or not believing in myself, because that’s just silly. I have a few major things I want to accomplish and I think this is a great month to get started and be fearless in the process.
So that’s pretty much it. Nothing too crazy, but I think these small changes will be great gifts to myself.
How about you? Do you have a birthday coming up?
What’s your gift to yourself this month?
11 thoughts on “July: Birthday Month”
Yay Birthday Month!
I have hot water with lemon every morning – it’s a great way to kick off the day. I think you should come to crossfit with me more 😉
Ahh! totally want to! This week isn’t as full! What days are you going next week? I was thinking of trying to get into the W or Friday.
we are going both of those days at 6am!
July is my birthday month too! I was thinking about similar goals. Birthday month of wellness for us both 🙂
Yay! I like the birthday month of wellness idea. Happy Birthday almost!
Karla! My birthday is on the 29th! Yay for great health goals and Leos that love to bake! 🙂
Joni! We’re almost bday twins!! That’s exciting 😀 Happy Almost Birthday to you!
Great list – not too strenuous and as u mentioned dueable…good luck and tnx for the “push.”
Agreed!! A very manageable list in my opinion. Little changes are a great way to go.
July is absolutely the best birthday month, couldn’t agree more! Good luck with your goals, they are good ones.
Yes it is! Thanks!