Happy July 1st and Happy Canada Day to all my readers in Canada (Thanks for the reminder, Krista!)
July is also my birthday month. You know me. Normally the most important part of any birthday is cake
I’ve decided this year to give myself the gift of wellness (and a new computer), because those are things no one else is going to do for me. That’s not to say that health and wellness shouldn’t be a priority all the time. They are, but recently I’ve caught myself slipping. What better way to celebrate my birthday than to jumpstart my health.
My birthday is July 30th, but this is not a 30 day challenge (we all know I don’t do well with those). But I have a few goals for next month (that hopefully will go beyond 30 days):
1. Aim to exercise 5-7 days a week. This is not an outrageous goal, but recently I found myself only working out 2-3 days a week. Better than nothing but not ideal.
2. Make sure sweets are a treat, not a way to fill me up. Won’t a big piece of birthday pie taste amazing if I didn’t have a big fat piece the day before? Absolutely. I’m going to aim for 1 sweet treat per week (as opposed to my current 1 sweet treat per day).
3. Exfoliate 3-4 times per week. I know this is totally a weird thing to strive for, but I forget to exfoliate all the time. It’s good for your skin. I should do it more often.
4. Hot Water with lemon. At least 1 cup per day. Cleansing and tasty!
5. Think nice things about myself. I’m my own worst critic. This month, I’m going to stop myself from criticizing parts of my body or not believing in myself, because that’s just silly. I have a few major things I want to accomplish and I think this is a great month to get started and be fearless in the process.
So that’s pretty much it. Nothing too crazy, but I think these small changes will be great gifts to myself.
How about you? Do you have a birthday coming up?
What’s your gift to yourself this month?