I interrupt this blog to announce that: This is my 100th post!
In honor of 100, I’m sharing 100 things you may or may not know about me. So in case you’re super bored… (or at least as bored as I was while I wrote this… remember all that free time I had?)
1. My favorite color is yellow.
2. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people misspell the word lose. When you lose weight you will have loose pants!
3. I hate orange juice.
4. I’ve been to Guatemala, Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, England, Monaco, Greece, India, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Uruguay, yet I’ve never been to Mexico or Canada!
5. I’ve passed out twice. Once in a market in the Dominican Republic and once on an airplane.
6. I was a development studies major in college.
7. I speak Spanish and sadly am forgetting Portuguese.
8. I want to be a baker. I often threaten to drop out of grad school and become a pastry chef.
9. I have 1 sister and 1 brother.
10. I was probably an accident (sister is 8 years older than me, brother is 11 years older than me… what does that tell you?)
11. I used to hate jeans, since I moved to Ithaca I wear them almost everyday.
12. When I see BBQ or Cuban food, I really miss meat.
13. I actually like meat, I just don’t eat it for environmental/humanitarian reasons not necessarily because I think cows and chickens are cute.
14. I want to be one of those people that wears high heels everyday. Maybe someday…
15. I read WAY too many blogs for my own good, but I love it.
16. I drive a Jetta.
17. I get really frustrated when people hate corporations but love Whole Foods.
18. I forgot to mail my absentee ballot in the last primary (presidential) election. 😦
19. I voted in the last presidential election.
20. My first concert was N Sync.
21. The last concert I went to was Britney Spears (can you tell I’m really a 12 year old?)
22. I think Arrested Development is one of the funniest shows ever created, and I’m a little concerned that they’re making a movie.
23. I hate going to the beach.
24. I was born in the Los Angeles Area, apparently in LA this is hard to come by…
25. I could eat beans everyday and be a happy person.
26. I own a pair of crocs but I don’t wear them out of the house.
27. I want to live in a big city someday (i.e. NYC, SF, Paris, London, Buenos Aires)
28. I’m obsessed with weddings. I don’t plan on getting married anytime soon but I already have mine planned (on a word doc)… weird, I know.
29. I come from a family of dentists. My dad, sister, cousin, and aunt are all dentists.
30. I don’t ride bicycles, the last two times I did, I crashed… badly.
31. I’m known for making cupcakes among my friends, but since I started this blog I’ve only made cupcakes once… Kind of sad.
32. I love the book Wuthering Heights, not sure it’s my favorite but I’ve read it 3 times and loved it each time.
33. I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who don’t try.
34. I’m not one of those girls who loves kids and babysitting.
35. My favorite drink is red wine, preferably a nice cab. I try to drink it sparingly
36. Most days I only drink water, green monsters, tea and coffee, no juice or soda for me.
37. My favorite Spice Girl was Posh Spice.
38. I eat really fast, working on slowing that down.
39. Not a huge fan of beer.
40. I have a crooked toe. It’s weird…
41. I can’t do a cartwheel. Well really I haven’t tried in year.
42. I don’t like running outside alone.
43. Wet bathroom floors gross me out.
44. Same with hair on the bathroom floor.
45. I’ve wanted a pet pig for as long as I can remember.
46. I’m mildly obsessed with Beyonce.
47. I have a hard time donating money because I don’t trust charities or maybe just people. (Sad I know)
48. I’m pretty shy when I first meet someone.
49. I get really frustrated when people circle the parking lot looking for a close parking spot when there are plenty of spaces further from the storefront. Really, you can’t walk an extra 50 yards?
50. I really believe that if more people used public transit it would be better.
51. One day I want to live in a place where I can walk/take transit to work/recreation and don’t need to own a car.
52. I really don’t like raw carrots but I eat them because they’re convenient.
53. I have a running Amazon Wishlist of things I hope to one day buy (or be given?).
54. I would love to learn how to garden.
55. My favorite flower is a daisy.
56. I love watching the Food Network at the gym, but a lot of times I’m too embarrassed to request it on a TV.
57. I don’t wear tight clothes; it makes me feel uncomfortable.
58. The first food blog I ever read was Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog, found it on SparkPeople.
59. I’m pretty good at ignoring things…
60. My favorite Starbucks drink is a tall, soy, iced pumpkin spice latte. The hot ones are just too sweet. This is a major treat!
61. The usual Starbucks order is a tall, non-fat misto (if I have a lactaid pill, if not soy) with no foam.
62. Crusty egg and foamy milk are disgusting.
63. In college I drank about 6 cups of coffee per day.
64. I’ve now cut it down to about 1 maybe 2 per day.
65. I love dishes/china. I look at them online when I’m bored.
66. I wish I could be on Jeopardy!
67. I like frozen yogurt > ice cream.
68. I wear a shoe size 9.
69. I drink about a gallon of water everyday.
70. I love Bollywood movies!
71. I’ve never read Where the Wild Things Are.
72. I was editor in chief of my high school yearbook.
73. I got the grocery store an average of 4 times per week because I can never remember to get what I need and always feel like I’m missing something.
74. I don’t care much for swimming.
75. Airplanes make me nervous. I always sweat during takeoff and landing (gross I know).
76. I don’t understand why everyone loves Bob Dylan.
77. I got two trophies growing up: one for a literature contest in elementary school and one for bowling. I was not an athletic child.
78. I want to live abroad at some point in my life.
79. I can’t stand cold fruit.
80. I’ve considered starting a blog called “Stuff Brown People Like” for latino funnies.
81. I have a MacBook but since it’s the aluminum one everyone thinks it’s a MacBook Pro.
82. Ina Garten and Giada Di Laurentiis are my favorite Food Network chefs.
83. But Tyler Florence is nice to look at.
84. I was once confused with Rachael Ray.
85. I was a passenger in a road trip from Pennsylvania to California.
86. I can’t drive a stick shift car.
87. The lovely fella has tried to teach me to drive stick many times. I just can’t seem to do it.
88. The lovely fella’s name is actually Joe.
89. Champagne is delicious, but I must admit I kind of love Ballatore for its cheap goodness.
90. Currently, my car is not legally registered. This will be fixed ASAP!
91. Chocolate and PB is my favorite combination.
92. I love sugar free, fat free Jell-O pudding. I don’t think of it as diet food! It’s delicious!
93. I can’t sing to save my life.
94. I don’t know how to knit, crochet or sew.
95. I have a niece and two nephews. They’re triplets.
96. My entire family except my immediate family, one aunt and (recently) one cousin lives in Guatemala.
97. I was born in California.
98. I used to know all the presidents in order… I think I still might…
99. My favorite fruit might be a mango.
100. It took me over a week to think of 100 things about myself!
You’ve made it through my self absorbed post! Yay for 100 posts! I promise when I reach 1,000 I won’t post 1,000 things about myself.
Tell me something about you!
Have a great day!
27 thoughts on “100!”
Happy blogversary (does that word even exist? Nevermind..)!!
LOVELOVELOVE THAT POST! Seriously. Are we related? My mum is a dental hygienist and I laughed out loud when I wrote that you grew up in a family of dentists. Did you have perfect teeth as well? My mum loved sending me to the dentist only to get x-rays taken that she can check out.
Oh and you’re the only person I know whose favourite Spice Girls was Posh Spice as well. Hooray! I could go on and on (wet bathroom flors? EWWWW! Cold fruit? EWWWW!). Oh and I don’t care much for swimming either (but still go – only because of the boyfriend 😉 and have never read Where the wild things are either although I really want to)
BUT: I love Bob Dylan! No. 76 is almost an insult! 😉 Kidding.
Ok I’ll stop now.
Keep on writing Karla! 🙂
Oh and I just realized that this comment is full of typos. (That’s what finding out that someone else liked Posh Spice did to me!) I guess I was a bit excited. Sorry about that ;).
My teeth are terrible! I have so many cavities!! I don’t know what it is. I brush twice a day and floss but I still get cavities! That’s cute that your mom makes you get x-rays so she can look at them! I love that! My sister always checks out my teeth every time I see her.
Post spice all the way. Are you a Posh and Becks fan?
As for Bob Dylan, I appreciate his lyrics and style but I don’t understand the obsession. Oh well to each his own! Have a great night!
happy 100th! it was fun to learn more about you. this was a great post!!
Loved that post! I love blogs that reveal something about the author, so you feel like you sorta know them on a personal level. It was fun getting to know you better!
I just stumbled onto your blog and love it! Seems like we have a lot in common including a bad case of the travel bug. 🙂 Congrats on your 100th post.
Yay – happy 100th! 🙂 I said to myself “oh thank god, I’m not the only person who does/thinks that?!” so many times throughout this, haha. Especially the reading too many blogs, grocery store trips, giada, living off of beans, the list goes on 😛 Except…I’ve gotta disagree with the crusty eggs thing…I love my fried, crispy-golden egg whites!! haha.
And girl, you have the prettiest smile & teeth!
Congrats on your 100th post! It was fun reading about you! I absolutely love daisies!!
I love it! Or maybe I love all-things-you? Well, either way I can’t figure out how someone who is shorter than me has a bigger shoe size! H ha LOL! Keep blogging!
CONGRATS on the big 100!!!! This is a great way to commemorate that milestone 🙂
Congrats on your 100th post 🙂
I agree with so many things…my first concert was N’sync, I wear a size 9 shoe, and I was a mistake too haha
“Mildly obsessed with Beyonce”
we are soulmates. Beyonce booty lovin’ soulmates 😛
Haha this post was fun!
I love your 100 things post!
I’m really shy when I first meet people, too! And, chocolate and peanut butter combined is pure bliss.
Congrats! I look forward to your next 100 posts. 🙂
happy 100th! you’re right – very rare to find someone actually born in los angeles!
Read all of it, knew about half of them.
My stomach hurts, I want to die. Hmmm, maybe Ginger tea.
Congrats on reaching 100!! Great list, we have a lot of things in common!!
Hmm… something about me… I grew up on a small farm (less than 6 acres) with several large greenhouses; we owned a farm market and ice cream stand in the same small upstate NY town that Snooki on Jersey Shore is from. lol 😳
I should make a post with a list, too. It’s fun! Maybe you’ve started a trend. 🙂
Start the Brown People blog! That would be hilarioussss.
Heyy! I just came across your blog and I love reading it! I can’t wait to follow it!
I woul love it if you could check out my new blog and follow!!
Happy 100 posts… wow you were a passanger from PA TO CA… you weren’t asked to help out with the driving? 🙂
Wow–loved the post, especially since it was my first time reading!
LOVED your 100 post!
I am shy, would rather stay in than go out, hate talking on the phone, love the sunshine and flowers, Love my family, and of course my 3 very full of personality cats!
A week, wow! But they’re all interesting! I want to wear high heels every day, too! Not because they’re comfortable, but because they’re AWESOME! I love mangos and daisies, too! And I have trouble donating money, too. I’m not very trsting 😦 I loved this! And you weren’t a mistake! 😉 Okay, maybe….
jk! jk! ❤
I love this post! I’m not sure I could come up with 100 things like that. That was so cool.
There were a million comments I wanted to make as I read these, but the only one I can remember is, I want to be on Jeopardy too!!! 😀
congrats on the 100th post!!!!
I feel so honored that you’d like to live in Buenos Aires! 😉
Daaang how long did this take you? 🙂 Yellow was my favorite color when I was a wee toddler. LOVED IT! I want to quit school and become a pastry chef too. Good thing I’m graduating and NOT heading to grad school.