I intended to make a recipe last night! However, it was my friend Talia’s birthday today so a few of us went out celebrate her birthday along with my friend Jessica’s whose birthday was the 24th!
We went to a cute Mexican/Salvadorean restaurant called Gloria’s where I had a delicious pupusa with beans and plantains (as if I haven’t had enough fiber today…more beans… lord help me!). It was delicious!
I also got them a cake (because what good foodie friend wouldn’t!?). Sadly the bakery section of the grocery store was closed at 9:00pm so I had to write Happy Birthday on the cake myself. I got creative using a zip lock bag instead of a piping bag and some strawberry jam instead of icing (hard to do since jam is chunky!)…It kind of worked…
The cake was completed with a Bratz candle…
Happy Birthday Talia and Jessica!!
In other news…
Anna, Suzanne and Gina passed on the beautiful blogger award to me! I’m so excited! Thanks ladies I think you’re all fabulous too (am I allowed to nominate you too!?!? Probably not right? I would though!!)
So I am to post 7 random things about me and nominate 7 other lovely bloggers.
Here it goes….
1. I’m 5’3″ (or maybe 5’2.5″… I think the nurse lied at my last doctor visit…) but I wear a size 9 shoe! Makes no sense!
2. I love red wine! I learned to love it in Argentina, where I volunteered at a school for a few months. I’m by no means a connoisseur. I just love it all!
3. I’m not a huge music fan (go ahead… gasp away…). I like rap/hip hop music, but I really only listen to music while I exercise and occasionally while I cook so I like it to be upbeat. The exception to this rule is Cat Stevens, whom I love with all my heart.
4. I’ve wanted a pet pig for as long as I can remember. One day I will have one!
5. Beyonce is my idol. I wish I could shake it like her! Also, I want her butt!
6. I would love to be a cardio kickboxing instructor but not sure how to go about doing so. I think I would teach a great class!
7. Taylor Lautner (aka Jacob from Twilight/New Moon) went to my rival high school… many years after I graduated… but may or may not still live in my hometown… who knows?
My beautiful blogger nominees are:
Have a fantastic day!